Our New Class About Home Care and the Healthy Bunny
Whereas the Bunny 101 class covers some of the basics of bunny care including diet and housing, our Bunny 201 expands your knowledge to prepare you for some medical issues that may arise! This class is highly recommended for the loving bunny owner.
2016 Bunny 201 Schedule
- Saturday, January 16 from 2 to 4:30 – Taught by Marlene Larkin
- Saturday, February 13 from 2 to 4:30 – Taught by Paul Ferguson
- Saturday, March 19 from 2 to 4:30 – Taught by Marlene Larkin
- Saturday, April 16 from 2 to 4:30 – Taught by Paul Ferguson
- Saturday, May 28 from 2 to 4:30 – Taught by Marlene Larkin
- Saturday July 2 from 2-4:30 Taught by Marlene Larkin
- Saturday, Aug 6 from 2 to 4:30 – Taught by Paul Ferguson
- Saturday, Sept 3 from 2 to 4:30 – Taught by Marlene Larkin
- Saturday October 22 from 2-4:30 Taught by Paul Ferguson
- Saturday, Nov 19 from 2 to 4:30 – Taught by Marlene Larkin
Taught by HRS Educators Marlene Larkin or Paul Ferguson, the class covers caring for your rabbit on a routine basis and ways to handle common ailments, including shutdown and bloat. You will learn how to give your bunny a home health exam, take a temperature, administer fluids and oral medication and how to give injections. You will also learn what to include in a home health toolkit and learn when you can treat an illness and when professional help is needed.
You must RSVP to attend as class size is limited to 14 participants
Please email Marlene or call 770-792-7222 to reserve your spot.
A $10 donation covers the cost of supplies, handouts, and a healthy treat package for your buns. The class will be held at our Rabbit Center located at 2280 Shallowford Rd, Marietta, GA 30066.
Here’s what some people are saying about Bunny 201:
“If you haven’t yet taken this class, please do it! We took it with Marlene last year and it has saved 2 of our bunnies’ lives already when they had bouts of stasis. It could mean the difference between life or death for your bun! So glad it’s offered.”
“I really learned a lot and am looking forward to having a healthy rabbit!”
“I really enjoyed the diagrams and x-rays about rabbit anatomy.”
“Hopefully I won’t need to gives shots! But at least I know how!”